Sunday, May 22, 2011

Camping in Cameron Highlands



Hello my dear readers!!

Its been awhile huh? I was away last weekend on a family outing at Cameron Highlands. A great change of scene especially during the stressful week of exams.


We left early on a saturday morning to Bidor, a pretty quiet place but their food is AWESOME!! Yes, the only reason why we stopped there is to have breakfast. They're more well known for their duck noodles.

Trust me, you'll fall in love at the first bite. So good that I totally forgot to take a picture and show you what this heavenly dish looks like.





Ah yes! Another thing I love about Bidor is the Golden fruit that's sold there. I won't be surprised if you haven't heard of it, a lot of people don't know about this fruit. But out of all the markets I've been to, the only place you can find this fruit is in Bidor.

The moment I first took a bite out of that fruit, I knew. It was love.
Hmm... I tend to fall in love with food more often than guys. Oh dear...
I guess it comes to show that the way to my heart is through my tummy :P


But this Golden fruit is like some kind of legendary fruit. You can only find this fruit in Bidor when its in season. Otherwise, I can't think of anywhere else in the world you could possibly find it. And its always sold by that same old lady we see everytime we visit the place.



Look what I found at one of the stops in Cameron Highlands! I've never seen a Tong Ka Ali before...

FYI, for those who don't know what a Tong Ka Ali is, its a kind of herb that helps to increase the *ahem* man power... if you get what I mean. If not, go Google it.



Uncle Tony was so happy to find these things. I wonder why...



So happy, that he dragged in the guy who was working there to share the joy he had found.




I'm sure most Malaysians by now should know that Cameron Highlands is famous for its plantations and cool, crisp air. It was a nice break from all that reading on Physics during the ride up.


Ah... Cameron Highlands. Home of the cactus. I adopted 6 of them. I'll introduce them to you later.




Oh yeah, Daniel spotted some chickens!






Are you sure those are chickens, Daniel?







HAHAHA!! Dumbass....





There were so many unusaul plants. This one looks so christmasy!



Again, Home of the Cactuses.


My dad plucked these chillies out out that store's plant. The storekeeper wasn't so happy about it and she scolded aunty Margaret who was standing near the plant right after my dad quickly walked away. She wanted to charge us, but in the end, she let us go.

Anyway, we drove straight to the banglo houses my mom booked for us. Here's where we stayed at:



Its a nice place. Big enough for about 15 people.


Here's the living room. The housekeeper said that the chimminey is fully functionable but we didn't dare put fire in it in case we either smoke the house or get it burnt. Just in case.


This is the kitchen where we cook stuff and wash the stuff we eat on. What's it called? Oh right, plates.



I found this signboard in one of the bathrooms. Like, wtf is THAT supposed to mean?? And there's no bath tub on top of that!


Anyways, it began to rain soon. I happened to have brought some of my nail polishes to touch up on my nails and my cousin sisters were around. So... introducing my first few customers!




This is Jie jie Jennifer's nails. She wanted a French manicure with a pink 3 petal flower at the side.

This is Diana's nails. She wanted a pink background with 2 white flowers. I would've touched up a little by cleaning out the sides, but unfortunately, I forgot to bring my nail polish remover and cotton buds. Oh well, it'll peel off the skin once its dry anyway.



And this is Madeline's nails. My youngest customer. She's Jennifer's 7-year-old daughter.


Finally, the moment we've all been waiting for... MAKAN TIME!!




Mmm... look at the yummy veggies!




We even had grilled meat too! Love the protein :D





OK, I know we have a bunglo house to stay in and all, my aunty Joan, Diana and I decided to camp outside for the fun of it.


It was pretty comfortable, actually. Its not very cold once you zip up the tent and snuggle in together. In fact, I think my room might be colder than that.


Next morning...


Morning aunty Joan! She's the last one to wake up. Diana and I already got up and left the tent by then because it was getting too bright in there.

And so we checked out and headed off for the next nursery.

Here's my mom and popo. Recently, I realized that my grandma's name isn't Popo, but Anna. All my life I thought her name was Popo...


Anyway, before we reached the nursery, we saw something really scary.


On the way to the nursery, I was in Diana's car during the ride. Just as we were turning a corner, a bus came by and I noticed something odd. The back door of the bus was swinging wide open and it was still moving! Then, when we were just passing the bus, I heard someone from the bus screaming while the door was still swinging by and something blue fell out of the bus.


Thank God it wasn't a person that fell out! If whoever it was that was sitting by that door just fell out, not only will he/she gets hurt, we might also be involved because that person could've fallen on top of our car and we might lose control.


So far, no news of any accidents in Cameron Highlands was reported on the newspaper recently so I guess those people were fine.

If I ever sat in a bus, I will never, ever sit anywhere near the door. Ever again.


So lets calm ourselves down by smelling(or looking at) the roses!




After the nursery, we headed to the market where all the aunties just HAD to buy loads of jagung(corn). Like seriously, Aunty Joan and Aunty Chris spent nearly 2 hours going through the entire market to taste all the corn they had to offer, choose the sweetest one and the cheapest one.


I have a bad feeling that they nearly bought all the corn in the market...




ZOMG! Look at the size of those lobaks! Its as big as the size of my arm!



And how could we forget the famous tea plantations which Cameron Highlands are well known for! Isn't it pretty??




Final picture; Me, my Godma and nephew, Luke.


How was your weekend??




1 comment:

  1. The cheapest the corn,means it is not jagung cameron...The Jagung cameron one piece cost at least Rm2.oo~If next time go CH again,u should go to the sungai palas Boh plantation or Habu Boh plantation,the view there is beautiful/nicer than the roadside tea plantation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails