Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 3: I Rested In the Spirit

I woke up early in the morning by the sound of a loud snore and angelina's alarm. As I lay on the bed turning my head onto the lumpy pillow, I realized that it was the last day of the camp!

After heaving myself off the bed, I changed, washed up, and had a hearty breakfast of fried mee hoon and Milo. Once again, I went up the steep stairway for the last time up the empty field. My heart was pounding, the cold wind blew against my face, and I breathed in the delicious fresh air, thanking the Lord for all the wonders he has created.









It was only then that I realized that I was late for the morning rosary! Luckily, nobody seemed to care. When the time came for us to praise the Lord, I chanted Hallelujah repeatedly ( I think I have the gift of tongues). As I was chanting those words, my fingers started twitching and I could feel my pulse pounding through me! And when I stopped, so did my fingers.



When the leaders came over me and did that weird chanting again, I felt myself leaning backwards. This time, I did not fight back and decided to go with it and let myself fall. When I was safely on the ground, I felt a strange energy going around in my body; it felt like my body was moving when I was not. A few minutes later, I got up and sat on the floor. Once again, I felt this strange presence on my right, yet, there was nobody there!



Ever since that experience, I saw Jesus in a new light; he listens and he was always there with me. I could not forget Juan's words when she came up and shared her experience with us, "When I was resting in the spirit, I heard a voice that said 'I was with you, I am with you, and I will always be with you.'" Trying her best not to cry, she continued, but I totally forgot about what else she said.

Not long after lunch, we collected our camp T-shirts. I rather liked the design of this T-shirt, don't you think? I was told that Alfred designed it, but then again, I was told that somebody else designed it....so, whatever...



All in all, this camp is definately one of the most unique camps I've ever been to and I have learned so much from what has been happening these past few days. Thank you to all the speakers who sacrificed their time for us, and thank you Daniel, Alfred and Christine for making this happen. God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails