Sunday, December 5, 2010

Life's Lesson in the City

OK, seven things I've learnt from wandering the streets of Melbourne city and that is:

1. School girls get to wear mini skirts as their uniform. This is soo unfair!
2. Tram drivers are assholes.
3. Never wear white pants when drinking hot chocolate.
4. Never blow into your hot chocolate to see the size of air bubbles while wearing white pants.
5. Never take pictures of locals in front of their face without asking. (Trust me, it ain't gonna be pretty.)
6. Public transport is very convenient. Especially when its free.
7. Always trust your instincts.



Of all the places I've been to in the city, I still think Victoria Market is like the #1 Must Visit place!



I can't call myself a shopaholic, but that doesn't mean I don't like going window shopping!



When I first saw those shoes, I almost wished it was winter time so I have a reason to try it out.


You know its fascinating that people are fascinated by things they have no idea what it is. What's this thing called? A digerridoo? A digorrito? A deegerrito?

Fascinating...


Like I said, never take pictures of Aussies in their face. Only when they're not looking...



Did you know that that stuffed Koala bear is actually a REAL Koala Bear? Except that its dead. And stuffed. I want one.



Nope, that's no local. That's my mom holding up some big ass mushroom. They use it to make stuffed portobello mushroom which is stuffed with cheese. Lots of cheese...



OK, this one is so cool! These are all music boxes on the inside and you turn the handle so that it can play a song.




My dream is finally recognized! I can dress up like a fairy! Yipee!


I was almost tempted to buy one...


Funny thing.. why is it that the people who sells all these lingerie and sexy clothes for women are all guys??

One of them told me that I'd look great in the black dress with red ribbons. But I was looking at the maroon one with the black lace..



OK, ok! I'm just kidding! My parents might probably be reading this as we speak. Sorry mom...



Trust me, these boomerangs are fakes! I once tried to throw one in the garden like Sokka from Avatar and its nearly hit Uncle Raymond's car.

And it didn't even try to come back!

But anyway, we got out of Vic Market and headed over to Myer's where we looked at this year's christmas display!


This year, they're featuring The Nutcracker.



Its amazing how much details and effort they put into each doll, isn't it?



After walking down a few blocks, yes, blocks. I've finally understood what do they mean and how do you put it in a sentence. Apparently, the city's overall map is in blocks so everything looks pretty squarish compared to our KL city.

We made it to the National Library!


When I first arrived at the airport, I saw two tall guys holding and kissing each other at the parking lot. I was about to take a picture when Aunt Catherine was like NOOOO!! (It'll be more dramatic if you put it in slow motion)

She said if I took their picture and they caught me, well, basically I'd be screwed (well, not literally, because they're gay) and they might break my camera.

So ever since then, I've been very careful about taking pictures because I think Aunt Catherine maybe right. They may be gay, but they sure as hell look big and scary. I don't wanna risk losing my precious camera.

So.. yeah. That's why I didn't take pictures of the inside of the library. Because I'm afraid I'd disturb them or something.

The library is pretty... big... lots of books... very quiet... loads of serious people....



So then we were waiting for the City Circle Tram which is free for public use and it goes round the entire city. According to the map, the fastest way to get to the train station is to take the tram going to the left from where we were.

And for the past 20 minutes, we saw at least 4 City Circle Trams go past us but it was going to the right, which was not where we wanted to go.


10 minutes later, a tram came our way but it wasn't the tram we were supposed to get on. But anyway, we asked the tram driver exactly which direction of the tram are we supposed to take in order to get to the train station. And he told us to take the tram on the other side.

So, we thought since a tram driver has a better knowledge about the city, we took his advice and waited for the tram going on the right.

It soon dawned upon us that apparently, the bastard told us to go the opposite way when we asked a local for directions after waiting half an hour under the sun! And I don't think its because he don't know the place, maybe he thought it was funny to take advantage on people who don't know the place too well.

Bastard, bastard, bastard....

So in the end, we had no more patience to wait for the bloody tram and we walked to the train station instead. It wasn't too bad, actually. Much better than waiting for a tram which might come an hour later.


So in the end, we finally made it home by train. It was a rather adventurous day with loads of ups and downs... but at least we survived.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails