Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pleasant Surprises at Phuket


Sawadikap my dear readers! I just came back from Phuket, a great place if you're an outdoorsy person who likes the beach, street shopping, basking in the sun and oogling at half naked tourists by the beach.


Just... don't expect to see a topless Megan Fox or something like that, you maybe disappointed, grossed out, or if it works for you, turned on...?



What I noticed during the first 4 hours at the Patong beach where my hotel is that most of the people I saw there were Australians and maybe some Germans and Norwegians, etc, etc,... but the point is that there were more tourists rather than the locals themselves!



In Phuket, you can find these beaded heads anywhere because most of the female locals would love to do your hair... if you've got some cash that is. Minus the man at the background.



Ah yes! In Thailand, you can also find these pancake stalls anywhere by the streets. Their pancakes are awesome!


We ordered the Peanut Butter Banana pancake. Its a great choice if you like to eat neatly. Of course, if you're a chocoholic like me and don't mind the mess, the chocolate banana isn't too bad either; you just gotta brace yourself for the messy chocolate that'll cover your fingers if you're not too careful.


Here in Phuket, there are plenty of bars with loads of booze and not surprisingly, happy drunken tourists at night. Too bad I won't be one of those happy drunken people yet. Not until I'm 18 next year! Hahaha!


Another thing I like about Thailand is that unlike Malaysia, pork is included in most restaurants especially the western restaurant.

This dish above is the glazed baby back ribs from Harry's which is also just by Patong beach. It didn't say what kind of ribs it was like lamb, beef, etc, etc, on the menu. It just said Rack of Ribs. So when I first took a bite out of it, I was pleasantly surprised that it was pork! Finally! (excuse the language if you're muslim)


Plus, there were about 2 more of those ribs underneath it so I shared it out with my family as I couldn't possibly finish it all. And it only costs about 500 bahts which is RM50. That's pretty cheap for that kind of food.



I also noticed that the Thai dishes are very generous with vegetables and seafood. And I that's what I like about Thai food. Except the spicy dishes; some of them are so hot, I can't taste anything but my sweat and tears.


I've been feeling so lazy and listless lately... but anyway there's more to come on my trip to Phuket soon (I even got to use a real gun. An epic experience)!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails