Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sweet Temptations


Yeah, I know. I just HAD to do it!

But its so irresistible, isn't it??


I mean, its just a boring ol' marble cake I made yesterday and I thought, "Hey! What if I put some decorations on it??"

Plus, I've been watching so many cook shows(and by cook shows, I mean YouTube) about icing a cake and stuff! And since its the holidays for me...

I just had to do it!

I mean, practicing itself is already fun enough!


When I iced my VERY FIRST cake, I swear it takes me back to my childhood days when I used to pretend to cook and make imaginary food for my world famous restaurant serving my teddy bears and Barbie dolls.

Except, now that I'm doing it, it feels so real.. wait! It is real!!!

Even mom couldn't resist icing the cake either! She's the one who did the upper boarder of the cake to avoid the crushed nuts from falling off. But between the both of us, we know that she wants to do it too.

Initially, I wanted to put the nuts at the side of the cake, but I needed to do it fast because the butter cream icing was about to melt. So mom was like "Aiyah! Just put it all over the cake!"

And I was like, "Okay, you're the mom." and I just dumped the nuts all over the cake and spread it out.

But seriously, it must be some kind of law of nature for mothers to be right about almost EVERYTHING.

Like, when I was about to go out, mom told me to bring an umbrella with me. It didn't look like it was about to rain, so I didn't take the umbrella.

Guess what? It rained.

And somehow or the other, almost ALL mothers would tell their kids the same thing!

Like before I went over to my friend's house so that we could go out together, mom would tell me, "Remember not to talk to strangers or follow someone you don't know."

So when I arrived at my friend's place and we're about to leave for the mall, HER mom said, "Remember not to talk to strangers or follow someone you don't know." Omg, it totally freaked me out!

I was like, "That's the exact same thing my mom told me before I left!" Then her mom looked at me like as if I just told her that an apple was a red fruit and said, "All mothers are supposed to know that."

Figures.

Oh yeah. Back to the cake.


It was a pretty good cake, I suppose. But once I took it out of the fridge, it was friggin hard to cut it!

I think its because the cake is a marble cake (a.k.a, butter cake) which is harder than a sponge cake, the ones we usually see in a bakery.

That's why we don't usually put butter cakes in a fridge, unless we want to preserve it for a long time. But because I put icing on it, I have to put it in the fridge.

So, once its out of the fridge, we had to wait for about five minutes before we can cut it with ease. It was rather delicious anyway!

But the thing is..... I don't really like having icing on cakes, I find it quite fattening. But I LOVE putting icing on the cake!

Oh the irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails