Saturday, April 23, 2011

Random Readup #12

Wow, its been a long time since I've posted up my last Random Readup. But since my week has been... err... pretty uneventful, I might as well post some random s**ts.

Ok, so last Thursday was probably the LONGEST day of my life! It was the day I had to go for a... wait for it...
a chess tournament.







Yes, I'm surprised myself. I never thought I was a chess person. And guess what? I had to represent my school for it too!


How did I get myself into that mess, I don't know. Last I remembered was that one day this guy came into my class asking who wants to play chess. Its been a long time since I last played chess and I thought it'd be fun to do something different.


Plus, I... was hoping I could skip class while I was at it too.


Anyway, turns out I had to stay back and play after school. Actually, I didn't want to stay back. But I don't like promising people that I'd turn up then bail them when the time comes without telling them. I dunno, I thought it'd be rude if I did that.


So I came, played, and lost. The next thing I knew was a week later, they come in my class telling me that I'm representing the school for a chess tournament!




Like WTF! That really took me by surprise!


At first, I didn't want to go and I'd thought of quitting. But on the other hand, if I go then I get to skip my exams, get a certificate, find out about the test later and resit for the test well prepared. What have I got to lose? So I chose to go!


After I told my parents about it, they were really supportive! Mom said that sending me to play chess is like sending Mr. Bean to go diffuse a bomb.






I told you this post is gonna be random!




As for dad, he said I was gonna lose. Thanks mom and dad! I feel a whole lot confident now!


In the end, I won 2 rounds. Out of 7.


We have to go against different opponents every round. Out of all 7 opponents I've faced, there was only one opponent I will remember for quite a while. And its not because her skills were extremely good or extremely bad, no.


It was her handshake.


I don't know if that is even possible, but her handshake is the grosses handshake I've ever come across! Like, the first thing that popped in my mind when I first shook her hands before the game was 'Eww...'.


I'm not sure how to describe it, but holding her hand was like holding a dead fish. Her hands were cold even on a hot day, they're small and soft. Too soft. Like a tofu. And her hands were wet. Cold and wet. Eww.


Most people I shook hands with were firm and warm. Even if its slightly damp, its still warm and firm. Shaking her hands was like shaking hands with a corpse or something like that.


After I shook her hands, I had to restrain myself from wiping my hands on my pinafore in front of her.


We came back from the tournament in the evening waay after our normal school hours. After that, I had to go for Kumon classes.


Yes, another interesting fact. I do take Kumon classes for maths. Its really hard, ok?





I'm currently doing Trigonometry, finding out the maxima and minimas of the given equations and graphs. It was so hard that I was the last student to leave and I was stuck with the math teacher sitting right next to me!


I was not used to this teacher (Mr. N) because he's new and my old teacher quit because of her church activities. But because I really didn't know how to do my work, I had to give him a chance. So far he's quite alright.


The only problem I have is that everytime he gets confused, he tends to stick his tongue out and wags it left and right. Which I found rather distracting and... disturbing.


By the time I was done, it was nearly midnight and the place was closing. Just as I was heading out, the 'boss' of the Kumon centre asked Mr. N if he was teaching Add maths and he said yes. Then she told him that she's looking for an add maths teacher for her daughter and so was I (for me) because my mom told her.


I didn't know what he said later because after that, I hurried out of the place. Untill now, I'm not sure why did I do that. Its not that I don't like this teacher, I think he's quite alright. I just dashed out before I could hear his reply.


But enough of my babbling.



HAPPY EASTER DAY my dear readers!! Jesus has risen from the dead and we must celebrate!! Here's my nail art for the occasion.




I was wearing clear nail polish to school to day to create this design quickly before mass. Luckily, nobody noticed. Hahaha!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails