Sunday, July 19, 2009

Belanga




So this time, I went to Mid Valley for lunch and not forgetting shopping with the family last Sunday. We went for lunch first at the Belanga restaurant at the ground floor.


In case you didn't know, this is a malay restaurant, which means its gonna be Rendang for me cause its my favourite. Also, this restaurant is my mom's favourite restaurant in the whole building. She comes here so often, that the people who works there recognizes her.




The restaurant is well organized and decorated in a malay style theme. Its kinda pleasant to look at because it has this homelike feeling to it.


The menu has most of the tradisional Malay food.




Like I said before, I ordered the Beef Rendang and I chose mango juice for drinks.






And here's my dish!



The dish is well presented for one thing, but the taste is the most important part of it all. And I have to say, it passed the test. I really enjoyed the Rendang! Not too spicy, not too dull, just the way I like it.


The mango is just as good. Not too sweet, not too plain, just right.
My dad also ordered oxtail soup for everybody to share.



Although it looks and smells great, I find it a bit too spicy for my taste. Too much pepper I think. But my brother and dad doesn't seem to mind it. So all spicy food lovers, you gotta try this oxtail soup. On the other hand, other than the spicyness, the meat is soft and tender.


My mom ordered this kuih Jala and asked me to try it.

Heehee, sorry bout the half eaten one there. It was too late by the time I snapped that picture.
The kuih was pretty good with the Rendang actually.
All in all, everything tastes wonderful and I'd give a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. Great job guys!





































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails