Friday, July 10, 2009

Weird Graduation



Ok, the last blog entry was about my dive trip. This time, I'm gonna share how I graduated as a Jr. Open Water Diver. But I gotta warn you, it DEFINATELY wasn't any typical graduation party as I came to discover soon.....



First, let me briefly explain about how it all began. I trained to become a scuba diver under Kids Scuba, a training centre where they specially certify kids as scuba divers. My instructor was Syed Abdul Rahman, a friend of my dad's.




My dad wanted my brother and I to become scuba divers so that he could take us along with him to his next dive trips because he is the manager of Reefball Asia, an environmental-friendly company where they make artificial homes for the marine life. Also, I wish to become a marine biologist someday...





Well, anyway, I graduated in Pulau Perhentian in August 2008.





Honestly, when I took the test there, I was kinda nervous because at the first dive, all I could see was a big, black, hole. Plus, I have trouble in equilizing underwater and its kinda painful.




But in the end, everything turned out fine. I passed the test, managed to equilize, but most importantly, it opened a new world for me. There's so many things to see, even on a typical coral reef! Its just so full of life down there!



The kids were very energetic depite they were hungry and went diving the whole day. Its so amazing...








I bet, you were wondering what's so strange about the graduation party later on eh? Unfortunately , I didn't get a clear picture that time so I'll try to describe it as well as possible.






So, the party was held at the dive shop outside. There was a chair placed under the open shower. I found that kinda odd, yet, I suspected nothing.





Then, I saw a dive instructor holding a mask an snorkel. Nothing weird huh? Well, would you find it strange if the mask was covered up with masking tape including a funnel attatched to the snorkel?


Soon, a row of chairs were placed next to the chair under the shower. Ok, now there's DEFINATELY something fishy going on....


During the party, the graduates were told to sit on the row of chairs. The first victi.... uhh..... candidate sat on the chair under the shower was given the strange mask, put it on and then......




They took a pot of who-knows-what and poured it down the funnel!










By the looks of her, I'm guessing that it ain't gonna be pretty.... unfortunately, its the fate of the rest of the graduates!!



So when it was my turn, I was practically dragged towards the chair of doom.

Let me tell you this, I don't even need to have that mixture down the funnel to know that it tastes like shit, honestly. Because its been used a few times, *getting sick here* well, you get the point....


You can guess what happened next....










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails