Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

So, this would be my very first movie review. Since the Brats never made us do a movie review, well, gotta start somewhere.





Anyway, I got to watch Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs in 3D version. Basically, the movie is focused more about family. Manny is over-excited over facing fatherhood and wants to make everything perfect, Diego feels that he's loosing his edge and wants to leave the herd, while Sid wants to have his own family and adopts 3 giant eggs, which eventually hatches into 3 baby T-Rexes. Awww...... so cute!



There were also a few new characters introduced such as Buck, a one-eyed crazed weasel who chases down the most terrifying dinosaur of all, Rudy. Oooh..... scary......



Also, Scrat, the squirrel found himself a lady.







All in all, I didn't find the movie as exciting as I thought it would be. Sure, there were a few laughs or two, some parts were pretty hilarious, but the romantic part with the squirrel dosen't sound right for me. Plus, the 3D version doesn't look anymore different compared to the 2D version. Not only that, I hate to say it, but I find the storyline kinda flat.






On the bright side, the film's animation art was pretty good and you can tell that there's a lot of effort put into it, just not enough though.





In my opinion, out of all three sequels, I prefer Ice Age 2 better. Sorry, Ice Age 3 wasn't exactly one of the best movies I've ever seen. I'd give 3 stars out of 5 for this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails